Two time Deca Ironman Finisher!! Tony Finishes Day 11. Congratulations Tony!!


Wednesday 11 September 2013

Day four is done

What can I say, another hard day and the same hilly bike course.  Someone is testing me. We spend an extra 2 or so hours doing the hill repeats everyday, that means you have less time for the marathon which means late nights with little sleep.

My one roommate is Spanish and speaks little English.  He was tring to explain something to me but I couldn't understand.  He pulls down his pants ans his ass is red like a baboon.  One of the competitors  brought there wife and baby.  He asked them if he could use one of their diapers.   It's amazing how determined everyone is even with all the obstacles.  He also didn't finish til 5 am this morning, he got one hour sleep.  Speaking of which I have to go to bed.

Sorry it's short but I'm exhausted.

2 comments:

  1. Tony - doesn't surprise me that you are still going - you have more determination than most people! We are all following your progress and wishing you well. Sounds so treacherous! Wow! I know you are exhausted at the end of the day but it is nice to read your post to know you are still hanging in there. Hope things are much better for you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tony,First time to you're BLOG ....wow they sure have added to your challenges....as if it wasn't a challenge enough already! I think a strongly worded letter to the organization is definately in order when you finish in 30!! You tell them that unless they clean up their act you will NOT BE COMING BACK FOR THE 40 in 40!! Is there anything that can be said that you will find profound and encouraging? I don't have a clue....other than that we are cheering you on and would love to see you accomplish all that you had hoped for. Keep chomping on the "Elephant" One stroke, one pedal, one step at a time and you may even surprise yourself. Hang in there ....may the wind be at your back.

    ReplyDelete